Re: Sid is unusable

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 11:07, Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:
> On Jan/14, Savio Ramos wrote:
>
> > 1) there are many programs without backports;
> > 2) sid is updated;
> > 3) the principal reason: apt-get is very simple to use!
>
> 	And why don't you use testing, instead? It's precisely for people like
> you, that want to be more or less updated but without being exposed to the
> possible problems of sid.

Two examples:
* Epiphany, the official GNOME browser since Gnome 2.2, it's not in
testing. In fact, the meta-gnome package in Sarge refers to Gnome1.4
* Until last week, the PHP version in Sarge was 4.1.

My two ¢

BTW, Sid is completely usable as we all know

--
Isaac Clerencia  | Using Debian GNU/Linux | JID: isaaccp@jabber.org
 Alternativas libres :: http://alts.homelinux.net