Re: Sid is unusable

charlie derr wrote:

Savio Ramos wrote:

Hi,

I upgraded sid last Friday, but it is unsuble. Gnome can't open two programs at the same time. For example epiphany and openoffice. I am using xfce4 because it is a little bit more usable.

SNIP

Maybe you shouldn't be running sid? It is called unstable for a reason.

(the above reply seems a bit too tongue-in-cheek -- consider that , if nobody was using
Debian/sid, then there would not ever be a new Debian release)

is this is a real Debian/sid problem, and not just bad RAM ?

try running memtest:
- install memtest86
- read in /usr/share/doc/memtest86 for instructions

a.