Re: Temp maintainers wanted: fspanel, nload, openverse

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:48:38AM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > Anyway, new upstream release + bugfixes to the debian/rules files
> > available from http://jeroen.a-eskwadraat.nl/sw/debian/nload-temp.tar
> > (Lintian clean, fixes largest part of all one bug, the remaining
> > things in that bug are wishlist)
>
> Are you going to close it, request a new bug submission, retitle,
> downgrade priority?

In the changes, I stated that I partially fixed that bug (carefully
using syntax to NOT close it), and I will after this is in unstable
downgrade the bug, with comments to the submitter.

In fact there are two issues in one bugreport, so I know, the proper
thing to do should be cloning it. However, since at the time of mail it
was not 100% clear my version would become accepted, and I am not
maintainer, I refrained from it for now (Also the fact that bugsystem
has a 24h+ delay for days now, doesn't help).

Above that, cloning is IMHO a little overkill since there soon is only
the other minor issue left.

> > - I'd need a sponsor for this since I'm no DD (only in NM queue)
>
> I will sponsor that. But let's clear the bug outcome up first.

Thanks. See above about the bug. I'll soon look into the bug further and
also fix that upstream bug I was referring to, but didn't yet do it as
I was a little bit wary [not sure this word means what I think it means]
about putting too much effort while it was unsure wether it would be
integrated (i.e., whether I'd be able to find a sponsor)

> > - Couldn't confirm for sure #141920 was indeed fixed upstream,
>
> If I can login into sarti.debian.org , I'll try to figure that out.

I'm 99% sure it's okay since it's in the upstream changelog, and I see
the disambiguing C++ namespace command for list added with this upstream
release, but indeed there is only one way to tell for sure.

Let's take this further to private mail?

Greetings,
--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar