Re: Temp maintainers wanted: fspanel, nload, openverse

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:58:14AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I'm looking for temporary maintainers (i.e. people who actually use
> this software, but who're willing to give the package back when the
> maintainer returns) for fspanel, nload and openverse.  Package
> descriptions are below.
>
> Package: nload

I use this occasionally, it is an extremely simple package.

Anyway, new upstream release + bugfixes to the debian/rules files
available from http://jeroen.a-eskwadraat.nl/sw/debian/nload-temp.tar
(Lintian clean, fixes largest part of all one bug, the remaining things
in that bug are wishlist)

Changes:
nload (0.6.0-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Temporary new maintainer: Jeroen van Wolffelaar
  * New upstream version
  * Compile fixes in NMU were already fixed in new upstream (Closes: #141920)
  * Remove debian manpage, upstreams has one now (partially fixes #222170)
  * Fix debian/rules to execute upstream's `make install' properly
  * config.{sub,guess} updated (from now on automatically) (Closes: #114994)

 -- Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>  Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:48:53 +0100

Three issues:
- I'd need a sponsor for this since I'm no DD (only in NM queue)
- Couldn't confirm for sure #141920 was indeed fixed upstream,
  since I have no access to an unstable hppa. Either someone should
  check it, or I'll re-apply the NMU's patch if the hppa buildd fails on
  it.
- Segfaults when /proc not available, since this is a rather non-issue
  usually, unless you compile & test from chroot, because it's no security
  risk. I'll bugreport to upstream directly.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
+31-30-253 4499