Re: master is very low of disk space

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 02:44, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:41:44AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > master is ridiculously short of disk space.
> > >
> > > If people could login to master and remove unwanted stuff (if any),
> > > that would probably help in the long run.
> >
> > Wouldn't it help more in the long run to add a 60 gb drive or so to
> > master?
>
> Apparently there's no more space in its case; it's 1U or some such.

250G disks are common now, and 300G disks are becoming available.  I expect
that such disks were not avilable when the machine was installed, so
replacing old disks with new should be a solution to this problem.

Another option is USB enclosures.  You can get cheap USB 2.0 enclosures for
IDE disks.  Adding one of those with a 60G disk is cheap and easy.  If the
motherboard doesn't support USB 2.0 then the disk could still be used for
less speed critical files (at 1MB/s).