Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 09:45:30AM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 23:22:56 +0000
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> > > These errors are normally detected at build time (i.e. gettext tools
> > > print error messages).

> > I didn't think they printed error messages about people failing to
> > fill in the Last-Translator: and Language-Team: fields, for instance,
> > do they?

> And you as maintainer are the only one who can do such a thing, wright;)

What basis do you have for presuming that a re-engineered translation
system designed to exclude package maintainers would catch such errors,
if today they're only being caught by the package maintainers?  What
assurance do we have that this new system will actually bring more
eyeballs to bear on the translations, to replace the eyeballs that
you're taking out of the loop?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer