Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:05:31AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:31:26PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > And I've often picked up translators making small technical mistakes,
> > such as .po file header entries or encodings, that didn't require me to
> > know anything about the language.
>
> These errors are normally detected at build time (i.e. gettext tools print
> error messages).

I didn't think they printed error messages about people failing to fill
in the Last-Translator: and Language-Team: fields, for instance, do
they?

In fact, I think they clearly don't, since the first .po file I happened
to look at in one of my packages still has such a mistake. Hmm. Time for
some quality control, I think, assuming I can now figure out who I need
to contact - fortunately revision control helps here.