Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

Colin Watson writes:

> Anyway, I'm not saying other people shouldn't review
> translations. The people arguing for bypassing the maintainer are
> the people arguing for less review of translations, not me.

You forget that spreading translations over a whole bunch of packages
makes it much harder for the translation teams to properly review and
fix translations.

By the way, you say yourself that there are some languages that you
never review.  This number will increase if Debian's translations grow
to a proper number.  In this case, there will be a lot of languages
that will be reviewed by very few people, as the maintainers don't
know the language, and it's difficult for the translators to do it
themselves.

cheers
domi