Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:22:56PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:05:31AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:31:26PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > > And I've often picked up translators making small technical mistakes,
> > > such as .po file header entries or encodings, that didn't require me to
> > > know anything about the language.
> >
> > These errors are normally detected at build time (i.e. gettext tools print
> > error messages).
>
> I didn't think they printed error messages about people failing to fill
> in the Last-Translator: and Language-Team: fields, for instance, do
> they?

No, you can run "msgfmt -c -o /dev/null xx.po" to detect these wrongly
filled in headers, but note that Language-Team is often irrelevant,
translators put <xx@li.org> instead of a real contact address.

Anyway I did not read any message on debian-boot from maintainers asking
to fill in these fields, the only ones are about invalid PO files
(encoding issues, wrong formatting, etc).

Denis