Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:14:53PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
[...]
> >  I just wanted to say it would be a little bit easier, if translation
> > wouldn't have to pass through a package maintainer (for both
> > translator/maintainer).
>
> And it would be less good; maintainers do pick up errors in translations
> from time to time, which is valuable.

AFAICT I made some mistakes, often fixed by the maintainer, but had to
fix many more errors performed by maintainers when applying patches from
the BTS.  This is very painful because we do know that there is an error
only after an upload, no need to say that during the freeze, chances to
see these bugs fixed are pretty low.
Also d-i and other projects give direct write access to translators,
I never heard someone telling that this is an error and must be reverted.

Denis