Re: Advice on how best to handle non-backwards compatibility

Scripsit Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de>

> It is not nice if an apt-get upgrade breaks an important
> functionality (printing) and does not tell me about it.

AFAIU, it does not break printing. Lprngtool is a user interface for
*changing* the configuration of the printing subsystem. The upgrade
may mean that the administrative user interface stops working, but as
long as you don't need to change the configuration, the print server
will keep functioning.

--
Henning Makholm          "Den nyttige hjemmedatamat er og forbliver en myte.
                    Generelt kan der ikke peges på databehandlingsopgaver af