Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:53:18AM -0800, Nunya wrote:

| I don't believe in magical beings.  I *do* believe some humans
| intentionally set out to hurt other humans.  Branden's beliefs and
| sneering disdain for some of his fellow humans is quite clear.

... and in some cases justified.

| Please explain to me the relevance of these names without the specific
| intent of discomforting people.  The *intent* is clear.

They are a reference to the BSD association with "daemon"s.  I thought
that was quite obvious?

| If you can explain for, historical, literary, philosophical reasons, I
| will enthusiastically support those names.  If it's just because
| "let's piss off the Christians", then I say, pick something else.

I don't believe that pissing off Christians, as you say, was a reason
for choosing them.  On the other hand, Branden (amongst others) is quite
obviously not concerned about the subset of Christians that is likely to
get upset over the suggested names.

Cameron.