Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:51:47 -0800, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> said:

>> Well, it depends on what mythology you're working from.  In the
>> Christian mythology, which is probably the dominant context for
>> evaluating that sort of question,

>  And, pray tell, why is that?

Because that was the context of the thread.

>  So what makes the Christian mythology "more dominant"?

Because Christians are the people who primarily take offense at this sort
of thing in the context that we were discussing in this portion of the
thread.  In other words, the question "why are demons considered evil" can
only be answered within a particular context, and it was my guess that the
original poster was asking for an answer within a Christian context.

In retrospect, "dominant" wasn't the right word.  I didn't spend a lot of
time trying to choose the best word.  "Relevant to this thread" may have
been a better term.

I'm sorry you were offended; that wasn't my intention.