Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 01:38:45AM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:53:18AM -0800, Nunya wrote:
>
> | I don't believe in magical beings.  I *do* believe some humans
> | intentionally set out to hurt other humans.  Branden's beliefs and
> | sneering disdain for some of his fellow humans is quite clear.
>
> ... and in some cases justified.

Who are you to pass judgement on others?

> | Please explain to me the relevance of these names without the specific
> | intent of discomforting people.  The *intent* is clear.
>
> They are a reference to the BSD association with "daemon"s.  I thought
> that was quite obvious?

Yeah, and the Duke Blue Devils and the Wake Forest Demon Deacons have
references to them to.  I think if they used these names for their
dormatories people would raise an eyebrow.

You are totally rationalizing.