Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

On Dec 15, GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> wrote:

 >From the view point of libc6 maintainer, it's no problem to merge /sys
 >mount for /etc/init.d/devpts.sh.  The name of devpts.sh should be
 >renamed to something, though.  And it can be also applied for /dev/shm
 >tmpfs.
Another reason is that it may be needed to mount it much earlier than
devpts to allow udev and other programs to work.
OTOH, if an initramfs will be used sysfs will probably be mounted by the
early init script, so there are still open issues.
But I'd start with mounting sysfs at some early stage of the boot
process you consider appropriate, and deal later with possible changes.

 >One remaining concern is: is it ok to create /sys and /dev/shm
 >directory by glibc package?
Yes.

--
ciao, |