Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
[...]
> I mentioned RedHat choice has an example of major GNU/Linux
> contributor that apparently decided that current development activity
> on the project WindowMaker is too low to continue to support
> commercially WindowMaker.

> I have to admit that all the information I can found about that is
> very laconic, for instance, in
> <http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/release-notes/x86/>
> is says that wmaker has been removed due to "Developer resource
> constraints".
[...]

Imho it is evident that this explanation applies to RedHat and not to
wmaker upstream. RedHat removed it because of _their_ "resource
constraints", i.e. they had their hands full with packaging
KDE and Gnome.

"resource constraints" is just a fancy way of saying "Sorry, we have
more important stuff to do."
             cu andreas