Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 06:02:16PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> I remember about a message from a guy from RedHat saying more or less
> that he see no point in supporting an environment/wm that do not
> follow the new standards decided at freedesktop.org...

Just as a data point, you do realize that freedesktop.org is a wholly owned
and operated subsidiary of RedHat, right?

Oh, you don't think so?  Take a look at who their god-king is.  Take a look
at where their mailing lists are hosted.  Karsten has detailed in another
thread his interactions with that group.

Then think about whether RedHat has a vested interest in *not* supporting
anything that doesn't view the world the same way their annointed "God of
the Desktop" does.

--
 Marc Wilson |     <stu> Stupid nick highlighting <stu> Whenever someone
 msw@cox.net |     starts with "stupid" it highlights the nick.  Hmm.