Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> said:

> Billy Biggs wrote:
>>   So far there has been a lot of support for the .desktop standard
>> effort.  Which systems do you refer to that are not supporting,
>> adopting, or intending to adopt the .desktop standard?
>
> Some or all of: twm, pdmenu, blackbox, afterstep, fluxbox, gtk-menu,
> wmaker, fvwm2, enlightenment, etc, consult /etc/menu-methods for more.
> There are dozens of programs that use the debian menus that would have
> no reason to use the .desktop stuff.

Can you name the ones that are still developed in that list? Only one
half, I'm afraid. It is not a big surprise that wmaker does not
support a standard created more or less when the latest, only
bugfixes, release was published.

Why do you say that this programs would have no reason to use the
.desktop stuff? What reasons would they have to use the Debian Menu
instead?

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |