Re: exim4-config and exim4-base installed on systems with non-exim-MTA

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:20:16 +0100, Tore Anderson <tore@linpro.no>
wrote:
>* Marc Haber
> > Well, I am only paid to work on the exim4 package if my employer gets
> > to use the package as well. Since we don't want debconf questions to
> > pop up during installation and we found the pre-fabricated -config too
> > inflexible for our needs, -config needs to be split out.
>
>  So I take it you roll your own exim4-config-marchaber or something
> which provides exim4-config?
>
>  If so, that does in no way explain the reasoning behind splitting
> up the default configuration file in a million tiny files, nor why
> simply creating a exim4-base-marchaber with the customized scheme
> isn't adequate for you.

Splitting up the config file in small files was necessary to do
debconf support, which is a Debian requirement.

>    - A exim4-base package containing the default debconf scripts,
>      which installs a (monolithic) configuration file.

Please state how you intend to fulfill policy with that approach. Give
code examples.

Greetings
Marc