Re: OT: Smartcards and Physical Security

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:34:51 -0800, Tom  <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> said:

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 09:26:15AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Guess what the median age of a Debian developer is.

> Don't know, don't care.

>> Volunteer organization have dues?

> Yes, I don't know what planet you're from, but on this planet the
> Rotarians, Kiwanas, Civitans, Knights of Columbus, United Way, Red
> Cross, Freemasons, NAACP, and Jerry's Kids all collect money from
> their members.  You still feeling superior?

	Snippy, aren't we? Usually it is better to have basic logic
 straight before you try for a mistaken sense of haughtiness.

	Let me see if I can point out the logical flaws in words with
 few syllables. Yes, Red Cross goes out hat in hand; but it is not a
 requiremnt to volunteer at the Red Cross.  Indeed, Red Cross often
 pays people who do the  work -- and goes asking money from others --
 in this case, it would be users like you who would be asked to pay,
 were we to take the red cross paradigm.

	Most of the other organizations you talk about are social
 clubs, where you pay for the privilege of inclusion.  I am damned If
 I am going to pay for the privilege of cutting into my sleep and
 leisure time to spen 20+ hours a week slaving away at Debian.

	manoj
--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
rigged demo.