Re: OT: Smartcards and Physical Security

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:36:58 -0800, Tom  <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> said:

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 09:24:07AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Heh. Your grasp of the practicality of the situation is slipping.
>> Not only do these guys donate a fairly expensive chunk of billable
>> hours and expertise, they must pay to be able to volunteer?

> Sure, if you care about security.

	Not quite as much as all that.  I mean I am satisfied that
 Debian is performing its main, and most important goal and reason
 for being: providing a stable operating environment for my cluster of
 machines, which are slowly converting to running mandatory access
 controls.

	As long as the reason of being for debian is satisfied, I
 don't see any reasons to invest in smart cards.

	manoj
--
A large number of installed systems work by fiat.  That is, they work
by being declared to work. Anatol Holt