Re: OT: Smartcards and Physical Security

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 06:54:29 -0800, Tom Ballard  <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> said:

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:45:49AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> Share the crack.

> In my experience kids in college and right out tend to freak out
> over the thought of having to spend a few dollars of disposable
> income, because they don't have any :-)

	Guess what the median age of a Debian developer is.

> Hey, laugh if you want, most organizations have dues, it's not
> unprecedented in human history :-)

	Volunteer organization have dues? And what services would
 Debian provide, pray, apart from the priviledge of working without

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory'," Alice said. Humpty Dumpty
smiled contemptuously.  "Of course you don't -- till I tell you.  I
meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'" "But glory
doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected. "When I
use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it means
just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less." "The question
is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different
things." "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master
-- that's all." Lewis Carrol, "Through the Looking Glass"