Re: Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r2 (II)

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:21:07PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>
>
> > But if they are super ugly fonts with no useful purpose, we may still
> > want to remove them no matter what HITACHI's claim.  (If release rule
> > does not have this as a part of the current rule, we can add it.)
>
> Ugliness and lack of useful purpose should not, by far, be sufficient
> reasons to remove something from a released stable version of Debian.
> There's a reason why it is called stable, you know.

I know that is the current rule.  But any rule is subject to change with
good reasoning.

I think the original proposer of removal was too focused on "removal"
and forgot to put good reasoning to do so.  my complain is there.  My
frustration is hapless PR by Hitachi.

In my honest assessment, Hitachi has not much chance to win their claim
of right.  At the same time, no one wishes to bother themselves to
maintain the right to keep using them either.  Life has better thing to
do.

> (Do you need to shout each time you mention Hitachi?)
... No.

Osamu