Re: Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r2 (II)

Kenshi Muto wrote:
> At Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:59:24 +0100,
> Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r2
> > =====================================
> >
> > An up-to-date version is at <http://master.debian.org/~joey/3.0r2/>.
> >
> > I am preparing the second revision of the current stable Debian
> > distribution (woody) which will probably be released soon.  This
> > report is to allow people to comment on it and intervene whenever
> > this is required.
> >
> > If you disagree with one bit or another, please reply to this mail and
> > explain why these things should be handled differently.  There is
> > still time to reconsider.
>
> Please, please wait.
> Before you release r2, we must solve Japanese Watanabe font problem.
> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200310/msg00142.html

If I understood you correctly, you want me to remove these packages:

ttf-kochi-mincho
ttf-kochi-mincho-naga10
ttf-xwatanabe-mincho
watanabe-vfont
ttf-xtt-wadalab-gothic (source ttf-xtt)
ttf-xtt-watanabe-mincho (source ttf-xtt)

from the stable distribution due to license problems, right?

That is possible.

> It makes very serious problem in Japan to release current status.

I guess so... Are there any usable fonts left over?

Regards,

	Joey

--
Still can't talk about what I can't talk about.  Sorry.  -- Bruce Schneier