Re: First pass all buildds before entering unstable

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 08:28:59PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > You are ignoring all the packages that don't build and never have been
> > > build for some architecture. Mainly that happens if some
> > > build-depends, like the compiler needed, wasn't yet ported.
>
> > If an architecture is that far from being able to build a package, we
> > should probably seriously reconsider supporting it in unstable.  There
> > needs to be some baseline measurement that an architecture needs to
> > reach before we can consider it a part of the distribution.
>
> I don't think he specified *C* compiler. :)

It is true, but I think my point is still valid, though maybe on a
different level.  If a particular language's compiler is not yet
available on that architecture, then surely we won't be releasing
packages containing programs written in that language on that platform!
Thus, the package that needs that compiler to build can not legitimately
claim an Architecture of "any".

noah