Re: First pass all buildds before entering unstable

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 02:14:23PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> You are ignoring all the packages that don't build and never have been
> build for some architecture. Mainly that happens if some
> build-depends, like the compiler needed, wasn't yet ported.

If an architecture is that far from being able to build a package, we
should probably seriously reconsider supporting it in unstable.  There
needs to be some baseline measurement that an architecture needs to
reach before we can consider it a part of the distribution.  Similarly,
there needs to be some baseline measurement that a package revision
needs to meet before it can be accepted into unstable (which is, after
all, the version of Debian that all developers are building their
packages).  The proposal here provides such a baseline.

noah