Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 02:14:18AM -0600, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 08:59:22PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > No way, man. We simply have to have people repeat the same fodder on
> > debian-devel over and over again. The three hundred odd mails per day
> > from the new fodder just aren't enough!
>
> Yes, but realy a lot of people at any level in Debian have strong negative
> feelings towards James (just to leave it to your immagination), for various
> reasons. There must be somthing true in it,

That's ridiculous.  There's nothing wrong with criticizing James for
what he actually does, or fails to do, but widespread grumbling proves
nothing in and of itself.  No, there need not be anything true in it.

If you hang around the right political conservatives in the U.S., you'll
hear widespread grumbling (and worse), that failure to ram the Ten
Commandments down everyone's throat, and engage in convocational prayers
to the Christian God at every gathering of more than 3 people will
inexorably lead to the destruction of Western Civilization.  (Robert
Bork called it "slouching towards Gamorrah", and wrote a book with that
title spewing this sort of drivel).

But these political conservatives, as in so many other things, are full
of shit.

Therefore, widespread grumbling doesn't make something true.  At best it
means the subject deserves closer scrutiny to see what people are really
grumbling about, and why.

If you don't like the way someone is doing something, have the decency
to cite specific examples.  If they're really making a lot of mistakes,
this should not require much time to research.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Psychology is really biology.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Biology is really chemistry.