Re: Source only uploads?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 01:46:32PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 02:25:59PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Thanks for your support Branden.
> >
> > BTW, when do we get a proper 4.3.0 X in unstable ?
>
> When the items on the TODO list are completed or abandoned as
> infeasible.
>
> http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/4.3.0/sid/debian/TODO

Yep, so please work on it, my own involvement right now is with
debian-installer and powerpc kernels. That said, i have submited all
that is needed for the SDK patch upstream, i have sent a patch back
then, the only thing missing is the needed work to actually build it,
and even then, i posted something to the list a few weeks ago. If i go
ahead, and send you a patch against 0pre1v4, will you apply it ? This
will include the stuff i already commited to the upstream 4.3.0
bugfix branch, and doesn't in any way influence stuff not related to the
SDK (it is just a bunch of SDK related Imakefile fixes). The second part
is the needed modification to build a xfree86-driver-sdk package
containing a single tarball of the SDK to be unpacked wherever you want.
I have not seen you make a single comment on this subject, and my
patches went unanswered, beside of your mention that Daniel is working
on them.

> Of course, if you read the relevant mailing lists you'd be aware of this

Sure, i read the debian-x list, all 50 mail per day or so.

> already, but I am familiar with your belief that everyone in the world
> has a personal responsibility to notify you of anything you're interested
> in by private mail.

And you believe in making things more difficult for the DD, so as to
separate the elite from the rest, or maybe those that have paid debian
jobs from the others ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther