Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 08:09:59PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Gram writes:
> > I generally think it is good practice to close bugs after a given
> > amount of time (I would wait more than two weeks though), especially
> > if the bug cannot be reproduced and nobody else has provided
> > additional information.
>
> I don't see why a bug which can be reproduced and has not been fixed
> should ever be closed.  It doesn't stop being a bug just by getting
> old.

If the bug *can be* reproduced, it should definitely not be closed. I
agree with you on this point.

However, if the maintainer *cannot* reproduce it, and nobody has
provided any useful information on how to do so, I feel the bug can be
closed after a given amount of time. This is what I originally said.

--
gram