Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

#include <hallo.h>
* Mathieu Roy [Wed, Oct 22 2003, 04:00:46PM]:

> >> It's _not_ OK to tell the users of your packages to only file them
> >> upstream.
> >>
> >> It's _not_ OK to simply close a bug with a message "it might be fixed in
> >> the latest upstream" (but if you can't reproduce it, it's OK to ask the
> >> submitter whether he can still reprooduce it).
> >
> > Oha, would it appease you if you ask the submitters first, wait two
> > weeks and close them then? In this case I have a script to automate the
> > work in such cases.
>
> I don't get your point: in which sense does it help to use a script in
> this case?

Then please think about the reason for Adrian's last action. The
maintainer just closed the bugs simply assuming that the new upstream
would have fixed the problems. Even without beeing able to reproduce the
problem in order to proove that assumption.

> The debian developers manual is very documented about the BTS
> usage. Please refers to the section that deals with unreproducible
> bugs.

And would you please read that section first? §5.8.3, 3th step --
maintainer asks the submitter(s) to confirm that the problem has been
dealt with before closing the BR.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Der Schwache zweifelt vor der Entscheidung; der Starke danach.
		-- Karl Kraus