Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 04:48:50PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:

> Bullshit.  There's plenty advantage for a submitter to *always* use the
> Debian BTS to report bugs, namely because, as a Debian user, I don't
> give a rats ass when upstream fixes a bug; I'm only interested in when
> that fix is released in a Debian package.

More importantly, you may not know whether the bug could be Debian-specific,
whether there is additional information specific to the Debian packaged
configuration which should be passed on upstream, or even how bugs should be
reported upstream (this varies widely from one package to another).

--
 - mdz