Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:05, Graham Wilson wrote:
> If the bug *can be* reproduced, it should definitely not be closed. I
> agree with you on this point.
>
> However, if the maintainer *cannot* reproduce it, and nobody has
> provided any useful information on how to do so, I feel the bug can be
> closed after a given amount of time. This is what I originally said.

Everyone agrees that the maintainer can close unreproducable bugs for which
the bug reporter provides no further input.

However that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is of a
maintainer closing bugs which could be tested so trivially that it would be
easier to test for the existence of the bug than to close the bug report.