Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

Moin Adrian!
Adrian Bunk schrieb am Wednesday, den 22. October 2003:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> it's your responsibility as a Debian maintainer to handle bugs in your
> packages.
>
> It's _not_ OK to tell the users of your packages to only file them
> upstream.
>
> It's _not_ OK to simply close a bug with a message "it might be fixed in
> the latest upstream" (but if you can't reproduce it, it's OK to ask the
> submitter whether he can still reprooduce it).

Oha, would it appease you if you ask the submitters first, wait two
weeks and close them then? In this case I have a script to automate the
work in such cases.

#!/usr/bin/perl
# Get all bug reports from a special package and notify the reports of
# bugs marked with special flag
#
# TODO
# make it better configurable
# /(\w[^\ ]+\@\w[^\ ]+\.\w+)/

$newvers = "1.2.10";
$backport= "deb http://people.debian.org/~blade/backports ./";
$subject = "Bug report confirmation, Bug__BUGNR__";
$mailcmd = "mutt";

sub help {
die(
'
USAGE: '.$0.' command [arguments]

This script will get the list of bug reports against some package and
notify all bug reporters processing with a message based on email body
template. It can save the list to a local file and reread it later, so
you can modify it as needed.

COMMANDS:

   getlist package (Output: STDOUT, ascii, bugnr/email/title tuple)
   notify listfile (send the messages using mutt)
   simulate list tmpdir (like notify but don\'t send, dump the messages)

'
);
}

&help if($#ARGV lt 0);

$text = <<EOF
Hello,

A long time ago in a galaxy not far away (this one),

you filed a bug report against the package __PKG__, with the description:

__DESC__

which has been registred as bug number __BUGNR__ [1] in our bug tracking
system.

In the meantime a new upstream version of the software has been made
available in Debian. Please test it and see if the problem you reported
still persists.

And please try to react to this message in appropriate time (few weeks).

How to upgrade:

 - if you use the unstable branch of Debian, you may already be able to
   install the new version in the regular distribution upgrade using apt.
   To check the availibility of the package(s), run:
   apt-cache show __PKG__ | grep __VERS__

 - if you use the stable branch of Debian, you can install a backported
   version from the following apt source:

   __BACKPORTAPTLINE__

   by adding the line to /etc/apt/sources.list and running:

     apt-get update
     apt-get install __PKG__

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/__BUGNR__

EOF
;

if($ARGV[0] eq "getlist") {
   &help if ($#ARGV ne 1);
   open(getcmd, "wget -q -O - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=".$ARGV[1].";  |");
   #open(getcmd, "cat tmplist |");
   print $ARGV[1]."\n";
   while(<getcmd>) {
      if($_ =~ /<li><a href="bugreport.cgi.bug=(\d+)">.\d+: (.+)<.a>/) {
         if($upstream && defined($bugnr)) {
            print "$submitter;;;$bugtitle;;;$bugnr\n";
            undef $upstream;
         }
         $bugnr = $1;
         $bugtitle = $2;
      }
      if($_ =~ /Reported by: .*submitter=(.+)">.+<.a>/) {
         $submitter=$1;
      }
      if($_ =~ /Tags:.+upstream/) {
         $upstream = 1;
      }
   }
   exit 0;
}

if($ARGV[0] eq "simulate") {
   &help if($#ARGV ne 2);
   $filemode=1;
}
elsif($ARGV[0] eq "notify") {
   &help if ($#ARGV ne 1);
   $filemode=0;
}
else { &help; }

open(liste, "<".$ARGV[1]);
$pkg = <liste>;
chop $pkg;
while(<liste>) {
   /(.+);;;(.+);;;(.+)/;
   if($filemode) {
      open(output, ">".$ARGV[2]."/$1");
   }
   else {
      open(output, "| $mailcmd -s \"$subject\" $1");
   }

   my $body = $text;
   $nr = $3;
   $desc = $2;
   $body =~ s/__BUGNR__/$nr/g;
   $body =~ s/__PKG__/$pkg/g;
   $body =~ s/__DESC__/$desc/g;
   $body =~ s/__VERS__/$newvers/g;
   $body =~ s/__BACKPORTAPTLINE__/$backport/g;
   print output $body;
}

--
Man könnte doch heute keinen NT Rechner mehr aus dem Fenster schmeißen,
ohne auf dem Gehweg jemanden zu treffen, der gerade ein SuSE Linux Paket