Re: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?

Steve C. Lamb wrote:

>    If your users have a problem with it, turn it off or tell them to filter
>it.  However *YOU* should not be changing defaults willy-nilly.

Why not? Changing bloody stupid defaults is something that's entirely
within the remit of the packager. The default behaviour of Mailman is
something that I find indescribably frustrating, and the number of
people I know who wish everyone "Happy Mailman day" (and not in a good
way) is large. Admins who are concerned about resource usage are the
same admins that are able to switch it back on.

Packages that provide services to users should default to settings that
make the user experience pleasant.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org