Re: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:34:45PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * "Steve C. Lamb"
> | In Mailman 2.1, the monthly reminders can be sent out with VERP-like
> | envelopes, Mailman can unambiguously parse any bounces from dead
> | addresses, and can use this information to automatically disable or
> | delete disappeared members."

> Use this.

    First off, could you be a little more vague, please.

    Doesn't work since to do that requires individual mailings.  Batching is
far better for efficiency.

> |     This is a *good thing* and should be left enabled.

> No.

    Yes, it is.  For in the long run we're talking far easier administration
of the list, far less mail for the list host to handle both in overall mail
and bounces, an excellent reminder to individuals about their subscriptions
(and removel processes) that helps with the clueless nits that seem to
subscribe all the time all for a pathetically minute increase in most list's
traffic flow.  The only negative.... some people are too lazy to make a filter
if they absolutely don't want to see *one* message a month from that list.
Cry me a river.