Re: search-citeseer_0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Op vr 17-10-2003, om 01:52 schreef Otavio Salvador:
> Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:
>
> >> Of course but I think if the developper did something is because he
> >> think this is better and this should be respected (if doesn't broke
> >> the policy)
> >
> > You've had about 8 people tell you that what you did was a bad idea, along
> > with some pretty reasoned arguments why.  (Make mine no. 9 - for all the
> > reasons already mentioned).
> >
> > When public opinion comes out overwhelmingly against you, it's usually time
> > to think "hmm, I may be wrong there" rather than "everybody else is stupid".
>
> Yes... I was wrong but my problem is with the way of ftp-master
> conduct that things. This is the real problem.

I wonder why James is receiving such a huge amount of critique these
days.

James is ftp-master, DAM, autobuilder admin, and part of the
debian-admin team as well. He does the things he does the way he does
them not because he doesn't like you, but because that's the most
efficient use of his time. He doesn't have time to explain the
nitty-gritty details of each and every decision he makes. Above all,
he's got the most important property for any sysadmin: 'a reasonable
amount of paranoia'. That might mean that at times he won't trust some
of us, but I think that's a good thing, not a bad one. His only downside
is that he's not so communicative, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Some might say he's a dictator. I say he happens to be the one who gets
the job done -- and I'm sure it's a hell of a job, too.

--
Wouter Verhelst
If you're running Microsoft Windows, either scan your computer on