Re: testing packages at build

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 12:01:57PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Well, if we came upon the problem independently we might have fixed
> it.  But I don't know if we did, because I have no idea what the
> problem is.  I have a vague memory of some problems with line
> numbering under -traditional, but that would only have affected
> programs that don't use -P, and imake uses -P, doesn't it?  Is this
> even an imake issue?

No, it's a problem for programs that use cpp to parse X resource files.

In particular, I noticed that xdm broke due to a mangled
/etc/X11/xdm/Xresources file when built with cpp 3.3 instead of cpp 3.2.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Extra territorium jus dicenti