Re: recent spam to this list

* Riku Voipio

I have mail-followup-set for a reason.  In addition, it is normal
policy on Debian lists not to Cc people unless explicitly requested.

| > I think it's a silly proposal, since it will hinder people like me who
| > are sending all their mail from a laptop to send their mail properly.
|
| And I think you didn't read the proposals and the discussion related to them
| at all.

You are wrong.

| First hint: envelope from vs "^From: "

I don't want my bounces to go to the wrong place.  I don't have root
at all the places I send mail from, nor do I trust all those who have
root there.  So, I don't want my mail bounced to the wrong place.

| Second hint: If you insist on your right to forge your email address,
| anyone else can forge your address as well. Is that a right you really
| need?

Uhm, how would you forge your own mail address?  It's like forging
your own signature, something which is, by definition not possible:

     4. To make falsely; to produce, as that which is untrue or
        not genuine; to fabricate; to counterfeit, as, a
        signature, or a signed document.
        [1913 Webster]

| Third hint: You can still choose to allow any IP send emails in your
| domains name. Just do not add the records in dns, and everything will
| stay as it is currently.

No, I can't.  I don't control the DNS of my University, a few of my
ISPs and so on.  Nor do I control Debian's DNS.

| The antipathy against the a POSSIBILITY of a domain owner to restrict
| sending mail in name of his own domain to few IP's is what is silly,
| not the proposal...

It's the wrong solution.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-