Re: testing packages at build

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 08:38:17PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> > My god, that was awful.  They still haven't fixed cpp -traditional, as
> > far as I know.  Grumble grumble grumble.
>
> Bug number?

Mumble mumble mumble.  Never got around to filing it, figured XFree86
wasn't such obscure code that that the GCC developers would refuse to
touch it with a ten foot pole, reckoned they might happen upon the
problem independently and fix it with chagrin, conjectured that XFree86
might be used as a regression test for GCC[1].

In sum, anger, laziness, and wishful thinking.

[1] Now, now.  When I say "regression test for GCC," I'm not *trying* to
    make you laugh.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.