Re: Done

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 03:12:16AM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> > 	Sure, I could down load all these packages, and learn about
> >  them, and write up the patches, but what in gods good name  has the
> >  maintainer signed up to do?
>
> Don't you think that it's plain rude to point fingers, say "your work
> sucks, it's bad" and then walk away?

Uh, that's not what happens. RTFM on how the bug tracking system works. It
doesn't always work by people filing perfect bug reports. It doesn't always
work by people doing all the work for you and submitting correct patches.
(And in other news, life sucks, too.)

> Especially that in quite a few cases he was wrong - blind firing will
> always hit some target. There were just too many duds in that shooting.

Arguably, yes. Your point being? Do you argue that maintainers should not
have to close bug reports that they think are closeable? (They need to be
given a magic wand that does that for them, too?)

Seriously though, don't act surprised when you see that there's people who
disagree with extremely terse descriptions enough to file error-prone mass
bugs. Javier found some 700 oneliner long descriptions. Let me repeat that
again: seven hundred. That's a whole lot of oneliners if you ask me, even
if they are all cooler than liquid nitrogen.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.