Re: Done

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:32:32 +0200 (CEST), Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> said:

> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Branden Robinson wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:17:11PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > 	How is this different from /usr/bin/mysql? Can I run queries
>> >  in the web page? Do results show up as HTML tables? How does it
>> >  differ from other DB management tools? Why should I chose this
>> >  package over its competition? Is there any major missing
>> >  functionality that one would expect from a DB management tool?
>>
>> You realize, of course, that while you responded you Jaldhar, you
>> have disagreed with Santiago Vila, and now it's down to a matter of
>> honor.

> Why should you chose m4-doc over its competition? Because it
> documents m4 in HTML format a lot better than any other package, of
> course ;-)

> The questions posed by Manoj might be legitimate (or not) for
> usermin-mysql, but in some cases they do not make any sense at all.

	I am sorry. I had not meant my reply to preclude the
 maintainers from thinking. The basic principles behind my questions
 are valid:

  a) What does this package do?
  b) Why should I install it? Do I even need to install it, or would
     it be pulled in by dependency relationships?
  c) How is this package different from others of its kind? Are there
     others of its kind? What are the strengths? The missing features?

	As always, common sense is a triat that a maintainer can
 rarely do without.

	manoj
--
"Don't come back until you have him", the Tick-Tock Man said quietly,
sincerely, extremely dangerously.  They used dogs.  They used probes.