Re: 0 RC bugs == releasable quality?

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 08:22:34PM +0100, Mark Howard wrote:
> I know the default answer is that it's the package maintainer's decision
> - but I don't know what to decide!

I suggest you go with gut feeling :)

Imagine a year from now.  You're at a geekly convention.  Someone
walks up to you and says, "Hey, you're Mark Howard!  I've been using
your package in stable, and..."

At this point, do you go "Uh-oh"?  Does your gut start churning?
Sweaty palms?  Fight-or-flight response?

Then it's best not to release the package.

If, on the other hand, you lean back in preparation for the accolades
and gratitude that you expect will follow, and you're already trying
to decide what kind of beer to accept, then your package is probably
ready for stable.

Richard Braakman