Re: Binaryless uploads [Was: FTBFS: architecture all packages]

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 02:21:55PM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> No, it is based on the assumption that a buildd will only install things
> listed in the Build-Depends, which means it will catch stuff that only
> builds on the maintainers workstation because they aren't building
> inside a chroot and are being sloppy - one of the main things they catch
> for binary-arch targets, today.

This is (or was) not the case, buildds often have other things installed
on them other than build-essential.  I have been bitten by this in the
past. Also, I have a build failure from the arm buildd on Aug 21
(kdebase) that smells like it, it couldn't install libcupsys2-dev which I
bet is caused by gnome related packages being installed on the buildd
(#203059). Also, I have been told before buildds in general have various
other packages installed to save on install time, however I don't know if
this is actually true.

Chris Cheney