Re: Binaryless uploads

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Brian May wrote:

> You obviously did not understand my scheme then.
>
> webmin-postfix and webmin-sendmail would still get built as seperate
> *.deb packages.
>
> They just share the one source package.

Oh yeah alright. Now I get it.

> A user who installs webmin-postfix.deb will not get webmin-sendmail.deb,
> unless they deliberately install that too (don't ask me why...)
>
> Perhaps building both in the one source with the same build depends
> might be a problem, but you said build depends wasn't a problem.

No they shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Well for now I'm going to solve the immediate policy violation by reducing
webmin.orig.tar.gz.  I'll implement your scheme when the new release comes
out in the next couple of weeks.  (Perhps you'd like to file a wishlist
bug so I don't forget?)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>