Re: Binaryless uploads

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Brian May wrote:

> #1: One source code package by module is an overkill.

For whom? For instance under your scheme, a user of webmin-postfix will
also get webmin-sendmail depite the fact he is unlikely to need it.  Think
of Webmin modules like Perl CPAN modules.  It doesn't make sense to bundle
e.g. all the XML::* modules into one big package does it?

I think it will be more promising to follow Manoj's suggestion and
integrate my current script into the standard build system.  (But how
exactly would that work?)

> #2. If you are going to split the packages up, and there is no
> prestine source to worry about, why not just create a seperate
> source package containing only the packages that this package
> is going to build? This would eliminate the bug in question, and
> would eliminate the concerns on non-free files in the main source
> code.

Yes this is what I'll do.  I thought it would be harmless to include
non-free source for the ride as long as it wasn't built into a package but
Manoj has convinced me why that view is wrong.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>