Re: non-DD contributors and the debian keyring

Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@tuxfamily.org> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 06:46:34PM +1000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> [2003-08-20 10:31]:
> > >
> > > You can also apply as a NM for translation work. You don't need to
> > > maintaine a package or know much about the packaging system for
> > > that. You get different task&skill tests.
> >
> >    V I P   Martin Quinson <Martin.Quinson@tuxfamily.org>
>
> Exact. I *did* apply. I'm even pretty well advanced in the process.

There is the part before waiting for the DAM and while waiting for the
DAM. :)

> $ LC_ALL=C gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv-keys E145F334
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
>
> This is the ID of my key, available from www.keyserver.net and signed by 2
> DD. Did I mess something up ?
>
> Shouldn't Debian make sure that work submition from non-DD contributor are
> signed, just like it does for the work submition from DD ?

Usually the sponsor looks everything over so signing is not realy
neccessary. Of cause if you have the same sponsor repeatetly he might
want to just check your signature and sponsor the changes blindly
knowing you did good work in the past.

But he would replace your signature with his for uploading purposes so
its just for his sake so he knows it was you.

MfG
        Goswin