Debian in a changeroot

Hi!

I installed Debian in a changeroot environment to provide an "rsyncable" image
for a computer pool. Updates and new programs can be installed easily by
invoking dselect or apt-get in the changeroot. Replacing
/sbin/start-stop-daemon permanently[1] (using dpkg-divert) with a shell
skript that does nothing but exiting with a returncode of zero prevents most
daemons from being (re)started during an update. But some init.d-scripts
don't use the start-stop-daemon binary to start a daemon (e. g. bluez-sdp).
This results in daemons running in the changeroot and may affect the same
daemon running outside the changeroot.

Is there a recommended way to prevent daemons from being started in an
changeroot during an update? Should I file a bug report against packages not
using start-stop-daemon?

regards,
Jörg

[1] This will be reverted during system startup on a target host

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your signature to help me spread!.-.
PGP Key: send mail with subject 'SEND PGP-KEY' PGP Key-ID: FD 4E 21 1D    oo|