Re: Should this be filed as grave? Gcc-2.95

On 06 Aug 2003 16:48:18 -0500
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> wrote:
> Let them go. IMO it's far better to install more than is necessary, but
> always get the desired functionality, than install less than is desired,
> and then have to spend 20 hours recompiling for the necessary
> functionality.

    ExxxxCUSE me?  Care to explain how this has any relevance at all?
gcc-2.95 is going to somehow break without a SYMLINK to 3.3?  It's going to
require a RECOMPILE because a SYMLINK TO A COMPLETELY UNRELATED VERSION ISN'T
PRESENT!?

    Do you have any idea how idiotic that sounds?  "Yes, you're going to spend
20 hours recompiling for the require functionality because... well...  a
symlink was missing that would have forced another unrelated package to be
installed."

    Sorry.  I've spend time trying to get it to do what I want and amazingly
enough, once there, I had the functionality I wanted.