Re: Should this be filed as grave? Gcc-2.95

Hi, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:26:12 -0500
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
>> (IMO, the kernel ignoring $(CC) is the kernel's problem.)
>
>     One problem doesn't excuse the other.

So how can we get it into your head that the other is _not_ a problem?

You asked for gcc-2.95. You got gcc-2.95. Whatever else you got should be
of no consequence whatsoever. If gcc-2.95 hadn't pulled in gcc which
pulled in gcc-3.3, you'd've got _no_ gcc. That strikes me as being
singularly unhelpful.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
It looks like it's up to me to save our skins.  Get into that garbage chute,