Re: debconf 2005 in Vienna, Austria

Martin List-Petersen dijo [Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:02:05AM +0200]:
> Actually the bustour from Stockholm to Copenhagen is 8 hours and it is cheaper
> than any low price airline (38 EUR, if you are max. 25, it's actually 31 EUR).
> It's about 670 km.
>
> I know of no low cost airline that can match the distance at that price, if you
> include the costs that regularly are to get to and from the airport, taxes etc.
>
> Also there is the stress of getting there in time, check-in, you'll have to buy
> your own food onboard low cost arlines and so on.
>
> All that could be taken care of by arranging some common transportation.

Also, trains in Europe are quite nice, some of them are quite fast, not
as expensive as airlines... Plus, a nice and large Debian team could go
together from LinuxTag to Vienna... The train company would shudder just
thinking about it :)

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23